These bikkets are tasty af, and freeze really well.
This recipe is adapted from the first cookbook written by the first MasterChef AU winner, Julie Goodwin.
I tend to make a batch and bake as needed. They melt in the mouth and are very moreish (so only baking a few at a time is a really good idea for me!)
When I say “soft” I mean soft! Try transferring the entire baking sheet to a wire tray for at least 5 minutes at least before attempting to move. Otherwise they’ll get all squishy!
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 185g butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g hazelnut or almond meal
- 60g chocolate, grated or bits
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla and combine.
- Incorporate flour and salt.
- Mix in hazelnut or almond meal and chocolate
- Roll into small balls, and press fork into top to flatten and shape
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes. Cookies will be golden, but still soft, and will harden on cooling